An A-Z of Counselling Theory and Practice
Now in its fifth edition and with endorsement from the Institute of Counselling, this key text continues to be of major importance to practitioners and students of counselling alike.
Using the successful A-Z format, the author gives a detailed overview of both common and less known theories of counselling. Practical examples, further reading suggestions and cross-references ensure that this comprehensive text is accessible and engaging. This well-respected text is the perfect resource for students, counsellors in practice and as a useful reference tool for healthcare professionals for whom counselling in an intrinsic part of daily practice.
Key features of this fifth edition include:
- An increased focus on ‘practice’ by adding new skills, illustrations and case studies to help engage students.
- Fully updated terms and definitions to ensure students are using the latest terminology in their counselling studies and work.
- New coverage on ‘Narrative Therapy’.
- Deliberately succinct and accessible writing style – particularly valuable for students trying to fit counselling training around full-time working hours.
“The Institute of Counselling fully endorses the 5th edition of An A-Z of Counselling Theory and Practice. It is an excellent textbook for students of counselling and counselling skills. Our students come from the caring and teaching professions and voluntary sector in the UK and overseas. They do not have the time to spend researching the basics of counselling theory, models and approaches. This textbook does the preliminary research in counselling for the student and then suggests further reading. It is an excellent practical resource for a student or practitioner of counselling.”
Neil Morrison, Chief Executive, Institute of Counselling
Up to 20% off RRP if you purchase from cengagebrain.com using this code: JCDISC20
- Go to www.cengagebrain.com
- Use the ISBN (9781408068045) to search for the textbook
- Select your Product and click ‘Add to Cart’
- Login or Register, then at checkout add in your discount coupon code and click ‘Apply Code’
- Follow the steps through checkout to make your purchase